Saturday, August 29, 2009

Rememberence

The power of your gentleness,
the goodness of your kindness,
sweetest Jesus how you love me.

I am nothing as I sit here in the gutter,
yet you pull me out.
I still try to flutter away.

You hold my hand and lead me through snares I've set myself.
You defeat the Devil and carry me when I am not well.

You touch my eyes so I can see you.
You touch my ears so they can hear you.
You hold my hands, I can't understand this love,
and you give me more than enough.

Hold my mind in your hands,
don't let me stray from the Promised Land.

Hold me close.
Don't let me go even if I push you away.
Chase me down when I lose my mind.
Fight me when I kick and scream until I'm alright.
I'm so wayward and lost find me again.

I love you lovely Jesus.
Remind me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment