Sunday, June 6, 2010

We Just Don't Know

Can't believe it
I try to see it
but it just doesn't make sense
why did you do it
you knew it wouldn't
make us recompense
you for your death and glory
but you say you're making a story
a story of our lives
the writing is in your eyes

I'm sitting on my couch so still
watching you surrender your will
the tv screen
makes me scream
inside
and I cry
to see your blood run all over the place
makes remember my scarlet stains
and I try to remember why you endured
why you lived why you died so that we could be cured


We're all dying to live
and living to die
the one thing that were living for
is the fight for the reason not to cry
or to just go numb and not feel any more
if we could just know what you have in store
we'd leave the world behind just like so
but we, well, we just don't know

No comments:

Post a Comment