Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Other Side

At the edge of the ledge
you stand on is a view
A chance to surpass
and leave the life that you knew
Over the edge is world full of green
so many pieces of life you've only seen
from a distance
casting lots
throwing wishes to the wind
now your life can begin
But you're afriad and your scared
cause your scarred heart's unprepared
this side ripped it from your chest
and threw it down
you watch tears, salty and blessed
splash to the ground

I need this
I need this life I've never had
I'm alone on this side
Eyes black
wishing I could have died
what is this place
who is that face
Beyond this ledge
On the other side
Will I see Death
or will I come face to face with Love
and Light

Is life on that side you wonder
You want to reach out but afraid to blunder
you pull back your soul
and your sinking under
Hear him call you, sister, brother
His arms are open wide
He'll carry you to the other side
if your ready to be alive
the wind might cut your face
but you'll never be safe
until your deep within His arms
close to His heart
and He'll never tear you apart

2 comments:

  1. Kind of like "the grass is greener on the other side" but not. Definitely not.

    What did ya mean, "you watch tears, salty and blessed
    splash to the ground" ? What's with the "blessed?"

    Now I have to think. Arrrg! But school be over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tears are "blessed" because they are remorseful and sorry for not believing. If this person embraces Gods call to the other side, those tears will wake them up and they will be blessed. Kinda far out... but that's what I came up with ;) Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete