Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sucess and Failure Both Lose or Win

A man in a sweater steps off the airplane
He's arrived in Paris to see the sights, and all the pretty lights
And he's just trying to escape the pain.
He's lead a good life, but it's empty like
the can that the little boy holds in his hand
he's tried everything in life, and it all broke down tonight
the cops came and busted up the party, he's lead a bad life, and he can't even say sorry
to himself the man in the sweater says whats the point
and the boy with the can says forget this joint
I've tried to be good
and I've been real bad,
but there's gotta be something I haven't had yet

The man in the sweater sits down on a park bench,
and the boy with the can on the curb
see theres something they both missed,
there's something they both haven't learned
and its love
the only kind you get from your father Above
and a remembrance of a story comes back to remind
of a man who hung by three nails for loves sake and died
and then came back alive

Jesus loves me
this I know
for the word of God tells me that its so
and when I stumble and when I crawl
his nail scarred hands will catch me no matter how far I fall

And that's all I've got to say
you can have success or give everything away
but if your heart has not found rest,
come to know your Father's love and ask forgiveness

To the man in the sweater and the boy with the can
Jesus is calling you home, saying Yes I am
I am ready to forgive you,
I'm your healer and your friend
I will never leave you or forsake you
I'm everything you want and need, for I am

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Two very different lives both lacking the same thing. I love your writing!

    ReplyDelete