Sunday, October 4, 2009

Run to the River

Exhausted and breaking,
My very bones aching,
I need some relief from this life
I open my eyes,
where the streams have run dry
There is a river shining like night skies.

And though my body is weary
and my eyes are bloodshot red
I lift myself from the dirt,
and wipe away the tears I've shed

And I run to the river,
I run to its arms,
the blood stains in my garments run
into the blue vein and come undone,
I run to the river,
My aching body floats
like a weightless breath of air
You quench my thirst, and I know youre there
The last heat mirages shiver,
when I run to the river

Its my last day I know
I feel it in my bones,
I am tired and alone,
Oh Lord have you left your throne
The wells are all dried up,
I've been hung out and cried up,
but I crawl over the last hill
and see it still,

Pick up my dirty feet,
My hands are cracked and dry,
I've been running through hot streets,
Everyone says I'm gonna die,
I running on my last breath,
Im gonna take my last step,
Run to the river,
you are my river,
Soak through my skin,
Come thick and thin,
Wash away my sin,
Im a sinner,
So I'll run to the river

No comments:

Post a Comment