Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How Many Diamonds

I've been thinking about motives
why we do what we do and to hold it
When we stand before that throne
when we truly see the good and bad alone

Li da di Li da di di oh

I don't believe he'll be judging me
but how will I feel as he's loving me
if I did not do what I was supposed to
What will become of me, and what had ever come from me
When he burns away all the hay and stubble
when he removes all the rubble and pulls me out of the wreck
will I only see a burning mess
how many diamonds for his glory
without a thought of my own story
Li da di Li da di di oh oh
Li da di Li oh oh

I do not want to be ashamed
when he calls forth my name
I want to be complete in humility
and then forget and not be proud of me
its such a hard thing to forget the face in the mirror
no matter what you do it won't disappear

No comments:

Post a Comment