Friday, January 8, 2010

Hand Over The Minute Hand of Your Clock

The sky is yawning
its waking up
a cup of tea would be nice but I've got stuff
stuff to do,
no time for you

I'm really sorry but the bed needs to be made
the kids have gotta be fed
what do you know this shirt has a stain
its seems one day is never enough
time, time, time and I've got stuff
to do
no time for you

Theres just no room in my scheduale
for the King of kings
I'm too busy with the perpetual
state of things and things
just get in my way
and eat up the time
away
I've got stuff to do
and theres just no time for you

Oh Father
is this what you see inside my soul
I'm repenting
and turning from it all
I'll say I'm sorry and then I'll take some time away
in my day
when I'm all by myself
so busy in my own mind
I'll just look in the window of my heart and gaze into your skies
into your eyes
and there I'll laugh and there I'll cry and give you
time
before my day is through
theres gotta be time for you

No comments:

Post a Comment