Sunday, January 3, 2010

Unjaded

Jaded
world-weary, tired, worn out, bored,
cynical, lackluster and mistrusting
just another overused word in the modern vocabulary
We fell in love with a fiction family
only to find it wasn't true with broke boned hearts we sing

I've become so very numb,
so cold in spirit went undone.
No fire left in my eyes to see
there's something amiss in me.
one, two, three
my eyes see shifting
shadows and I move away

Won't you take my hand
and we'll hold our breath
we'll be moving forward
stepping off the depth of death to
become unjaded
free, less faded
spirit filled and closer to
the Maker of all things new

Its easy to get fed-up
when they shove it down
Its easy to get worn with
the way they scream it out
they use our souls
as surplus
leave dark holes
that hurt us
the ache of the human plight
could be ended this time
if we give ourselves for whom they were created
hold our breath, count to three, soften and become unjaded

Lets trust Him this time
Lets keep it in line
the pain will bring out the fine
soften our spirits and make them Thine

No comments:

Post a Comment