Monday, November 9, 2009

My Life And Death Anthem

This song is floating over the keyboard of my heart
the notes are playing and begin fading as quickly as they start
I have to write this down before too long
I have to try to save this breath before its used and gone

I remember this song,
I mark it well,
its all the things I can't buy or sell.
I remember this song,
like the holiday,
of all the things that human words cant say
Its the grateful song for the will to make us survive
Its all the words that can't describe
just how it feels to die and be alive.

I feel your heartbeat under the earth
I know your gaze penetrating hurt
Floating on one moment when I gaze down at my hands
and for one moment Im gone and I marvel at your plans
Its here so brief I can only breath and its to my grief yet I sigh relief

No comments:

Post a Comment