Monday, November 2, 2009

Glass Heart

I used to be so idealistic
but now my heart is hard and twisted
I feel like I went and missed it
whatever happened to my soul
I used to be open and untainted
but my heart became refrigerated
I wound up cynical and jaded
whatever made this empty hole

I can't hold my own heart together
whatever made me think I could change the world
Father hold my broken glass heart forever
Whatever made me want to change the world
I can only make the best of whats mine
Whatever made me think I could change the world
I can only make the best of my own life

And this life that I'm living can't be mine
Not if I want to live
So I'm giving up this time
Take the harshness of my heart
and melt it down to run like rain
let the heavy lead run soft down my face
like a tear stain
Let this world not be mine
I'm a torn up mess from my bitter crime
Say "your mine" say Im fine
Say "your mine" say Im fine

No comments:

Post a Comment