Thursday, September 24, 2009

Class LYA

The bell rings, class begins.
At least I didn't fail, though I didn't do so well.
Back to my desk, the one thats pencil scratched.
The one thats worn with holes, stuck with gum to make it full.
Graphite on my hands and face, writing at a heart bursting pace
Haven't I been here before,
I guess I have to learn more.

Im the Graduating Class of the Last Year Alive.
Trying it over and over till I get it right.
Haven't we touched on this subject before, how much more,
is there to entropy, and gravity and humanity, and your love for me,
and the change in I see, and the way to be, and being clean, and becoming free//
Can't wait until the day when I cross the stage in this stage of life,
Im in the Graduating Class of the Last Year Alive.

In your patient you teach me the same thing over and over and over again,
You have been the greatest Teacher, and mentor, and father and friend.
And I can't wait to thank you as you place the diploma in my hand,
I'll throw it down at your feet, and bask in what I don't understand.

Graduating Class LYA, we only have until our last day,
learn what you can and stay in his hand, cause we only have today,
Graduating Class LYA, we only have until our last day,
If you don't know it all, it'll all be ok,
Graduating Class LYA, we only have this day to be alive,
Learn from his heart, put your hopes inside.
Graduating Class LYA this could be our last day alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment