Sunday, September 20, 2009

Eagle Eyes

More Lights,
Late nights,
Rock fights,
Good times,
Hard times,
Tonight,
Alright.

Tonight was another night,
stars shone with all their might,
But although they blazed bright,
Even their light,
couldn't stand up to mans street light.
Most of the time I love the light,
the flashes of white,
the colors of heat
Fused with a drum beat.
Most of the time,
My heart hangs in rhyme,
But something snapped the string,
and my heart sank to my feet.

Tonight was a night when the light hurt my eyes
and tears blurred my vision and I lost my precision of sight
and the stage felt like a prison and the lights burned out my mission
The reason I fight, the whole world crashed tonight, like the Great Depression,
Loss is my new obsession, but through the blur of watery lights, I looked up and
I thought I saw your eyes, what might be your eyes, get me through tonight.

I sang a few songs,
I sang a new song,
and you held my heart still,
and quiet,
and no chill,
no throbbing riot,
I had new will,
no pain inside it.

I found I had eagles eyes,
and could look at the light,
With new strength to fight,
The lights no longer my blight,
Your new song gave me hope for tonight.

More Lights,
Late nights,
Rock fights,
Good times,
Hard times,
Tonight,
Alright.
So bright,
Goodnight,
Camera time,
please sign,
long line,
hold time,
keep time,
under light,
Tonight,
Alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment