Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tattooed Soul

I am so weary of it all,
I am so worn out from the fall.
The weight of it is killing me,
I'd dying inside, dying to be set free.
But you turn your head away,
you turn your head

What do you mean when you say to love them,
Have you been watching earth with your eyes closed,
Do you hear the curses rising from them,
Do you see the red stain of the tattooed souls.
How can I embrace the hate of my lover,
how can I show truth to those betrayed by another.
How can you shine light into a black hole, onto a tattooed soul.

Don't you make me break,
Don't want these tears to fall.
Don't you give me The Ache,
Or I might lose it all...
all of the time
You're in the back of my mind,
reminding me I was made whole,
and that I was once a tattooed soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment