Monday, September 14, 2009

Watching the World

Pulled back the blinds,
they made that sound.
Opened my eyes,
to the moon going down.
The morning was still cool,
and the trees were silent,
the sky was yawning from black to blue,
my mind tried to settle in the quiet.

I was watching the world roll out of bed,
I saw the sunrise sleepy head,
the clouds rolled in like a stroll in the park,
the birds nestled down in their nests and they harked
to the musical silence.

The morning is still half asleep,
with the wind dying down.
The whole day keeps
and sleeps to the sound
of the quiet noise inside the stars
that are waiting for darkness to shine out.
Everyone is still,
what are we waiting for.
Blue is peeking through the gray,
will the sunshine come today,
if it dont then thats ok
the world can afford one day.
We'll sleep this day away.

Dont really feel in the mood to do anything,
but sit and watch the morning sing,
cause some days it just won't leave,
and the whole earth breaths a sigh of relief.
The earth can afford one day.
We'll sleep this day away.

The quiet creeps into my own mind.
I can't do anything but still still.
I can't find a good reason behind
all the reasons I want to fill.

Then the sun breaks up the dawn,
Decrescendos the morning song,
we knew this day couldn't last for long.
Look at the clock only 6 minutes past.
How many lifetimes in those moments.

I watched the world today.
Eternity isn't too far away.
Don't wanna fall behind,
But sometimes you have to let the world unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment