Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sorrow Is My Friend

Sitting in silence,
shrouded by gray,
Feeling my existence,
is unknown today,
by anyone of importance.
I've been left cold and numb,
I can't feel anything at all.
My heart is mute and dumb,
My spirit like a dying flower falls.

Sorrow reaches out her hand,
I'm on the lonely beach.
Do I make Sorrow my friend,
Do I embrace what she can teach.
Can I swallow the pain of the bitter end,
Can I move forward after being struck down,
Do I make Sorrow my friend
Will I put my hand in hers and let myself drown.

I don't like to feel the burn,
and pain is the hardest master,
I want to run but I find hurt at every turn,
There's no escaping the impending disaster.
So much time I've spent running from storms
I could have been learning something more,
cause no matter how hard you try to find the exit door,
pain will always end up on your shore.

Give me the strength of your Pain,
Give me the same anthem and refrain,
Keep in the hand of sorrow,
So I will be strong for the fights of tomorrow.
Then when I get home and the fires subside,
I can rest in the strength that Sorrow left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment