Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Oak Tree

I don't know why it is, but its true,
can't keep my heart from falling through.
It reaches out over the edge
and falls away.
And so many times you call my name,
and I sometimes think that I'm insane,
But I'll just bet,
You find someway to save me.

Im back in the backyard of hopeless dreams,
yes I'm a dreamer, I just close my eyes and see.
But sometimes I can't block out the screams,
So you remind me of the sweet reality,
and you find me falling out of the oak tree.

Falling out can be a beautiful thing
until my feet smash on the ground,
Some tell me to tie up a swing,
but then you wouldn't feel the sound,
you have to be ok with falling down.

Im falling out, and falling down,
can't wait for the day when I'm safe and sound,
and I will light from the oak tree,
falling and flying safely as can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment