Sunday, September 20, 2009

Life's Anthem

In deep thought,
everyone's searching,
for what they want.
And everyone's longing for an anthem
for life
an anthem for when you rise,
to sing yourself to sleep at night.
Searching and hoping and skimming through songs,
Is it the one I've been looking for
the note that stays where I belong.

Give me my life's anthem a song
of love, hope, and faithfulness,
the tragedy and broken mess,
and then some mixed into one,
beautiful tune.
Give me my life's anthem,
the one for me that's true.

The reason for life,
the driver on the road,
the explanation for death, devastation, wrong and right
And what goes beyond,
yeah give me that song,
the one from deepest memories,
to rid the mess inside of me,
this love, death and war inside

By me and my sister, Roozie Roo

No comments:

Post a Comment